Saturday, January 29, 2011

Recreating MAC's Cult of Cherry promo

What does a girl like me do with no plans on a Friday night? Well, pull out the makeup of course!

I mentioned that I've been running seriously low on inspiration lately. I keep a folder of inspiration/looks I want to recreate on my computer and the first one that caught my eye tonight was from MAC's Cult of Cherry. Recently the lovely Lily of Beauty's Bad Habit tried her hand at recreating this promo, seeing her post made me want to try a hand at this and other promos and face charts from MAC. I'll admit, I've tried a to recreate a couple before with awful results. How do you think I did?



This is about as close as I come to that sultry model look, ha!


The one thing I really noticed about the makeup in this photo is the shape flows with her eyebrows (if that makes sense). Because I couldn't find my glue stick to cover that part of my brows so yes, I badly photoshopped them ;) I hope you don't mind!

With flash and 0 photoshopping!

And a bonus webcam pic!

One of the reasons I really wanted to try this face chart is that it breaks a couple standard beauty "rules"- don't draw attention to two parts of the face and don't bring your eyeshadow straight up to your eyebrows.

Products used:
Manly 188 palette- all eyeshadow
Maybelline the Falsies mascara
MAC Dark Diversion fluidline- as my lipstick!
Avon Cherry Liqueur glazewear- over lipstick
Some random bronzer that is in my bathroom I'm too lazy to look at- contouring

So, what do you guys think? Would you like to see more posts like this? What is your favorite MAC promo?
Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)
Blog Archive

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits