Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween with Revlon Fire & Ice collection swatches

"Are you made for Fire & Ice? For over 75 years, Revlon has brought the most beautiful colors in the world to the most beautiful women in the world. In 1952, Revlon launched its iconic color collection Fire & Ice™,with matching lips and fingertips in a bold, fiery red. This fall, Revlon brings back its Fire & Ice™ collection for today’s woman – who is as bold, confident, and glamorous as ever."

Oh, my love of all things vintage. I squealed when I spotted the display for Fire & Ice, I knew exactly what it was and quickly snatched up my choices. I picked up the signature lipstick, Fire & Ice along with Siren along with its polish partner and Demure polish. There are 4 lipsticks with matching polish in the collection.

Before I begin on the swatches and babbling, when I told my mother about this collection she said my grandmother wore Siren as her "go-to" lipstick. My mother already says I'm exactly like my grandmother and now I can look even more like her.

Fire & Ice is the perfect red lipstick, it's that classic pinup red. I may already have similar in my collection but I love the Super Lustrous lipstick formula and the slightly vintage take on the packaging (logo via 1952- there is also a nicer silver tube but I haven't spotted it in stores). Demure polish (3 coats) is a pretty dusky rose- if there is a pink to compete against those rich fall colors this may just be it.



Siren is a very orange- red and I feel it might be a little too yellow for my skintone. While it packs a punch it seems a little more sheer. Matching Siren nailpolish (2 coats) is the same orange- red and I love the matching nails and lips.


My one complaint about my purchases is one I have had before with Revlon polish- slow dry times. I recommend waiting for each coat to dry completely before applying another.

And while we're on the subject of Fire & Ice, last night I went trick-or-treating with the fam and instead of putting my Flapper costume back on I decided to go with a quicker "costume" and went pin-up(ish at least). And I used my Fire & Ice to complete the look!


For more information or to view the great remake of the original ad, check out Revlon.com and let me know what you think! Did you pick anything up from this collection or are you planning to? Do you like the idea of re-releasing original collections?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Demure looks really really lovely..

Anonymous said...

stunning job!

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits