Saturday, November 20, 2010

Incoco review


Here is my long time coming Incoco review! Finally.

Incoco is a dry nail application. In other words they are 3-in-1 self stick nail strips. What really drew me into Incoco was the claim that they last 10 days. I scoffed at this claim, I've rarely used a nail product before that actually does as it claims and this was a doozy.

When I first opened the air tight foil package I found the nail "bar" a little intimidating...

There are 8 nail strips on each bar, on each end of the strip is a different size (except for a couple) so they fit different size nails. You pluck them apart and then decide what strip fits each finger...

Peel off the front that is protecting the strip and then peel off the white little paper. The hardest part of the application is getting it positioned right. Once I had it down it was easy but my first set took about half an hour. Smooth it out and then...

Using a file/nail buffer I lightly buff the edge of my nail to rub off the excess. They also say you can just pull it off but I didn't manage to do that myself. As you can see in the above photo I had some difficulty choosing sizing on the first couple fingers. I found it easier to use the larger ones and clean up the sides (which was way easier than normal polish).

Finished nail!

The one big downfall for me, which probably isn't one for most, is that most of the strips were just way too large for my nails (once again I'll mention, my nails are child size). Which really isn't that big a deal, it just meant more clean up.

My nails, right after I finished. You can see on my pointer how it was a little too big, it got cleaned up after. I really like the finish on these and that I don't need top coat. There does seem to be a little setting time (10-15 minutes) but it is in no way as easy to damage them as normal "wet" nails. I also like the nice clean finish at the cuticle.

So the big question is, do they last 10 minutes or 10 days?

See for yourself, this photo is taken five days after application. My nails took more damage than the Incoco strips! I did continue to wear this until 10 days was up. I did have to refresh with a coat of top coat due to some scratches from doing house work but there was not a chip in site. And let me say, do you know how hard it is for me to NOT paint my nails for 10 days? Let's just say it's super duper hard- I need my crack polish.

And because I had to make sure that it wasn't just a stroke of luck, I tested this set out of glitter french tips. Once again, they wore like a champ. This is after 5 days of wear, when I added on some fimo and gems to spice it up.

You can find out more or where to buy by visiting incoco.com.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Aoife said...

Woah those sound too good to be true! Im kinda drawn to those glitter tips!

Leslie said...

The color on those is so opaque and bright and I love the tips! Looks good!

-Leslie @ http://girlysbeauty.blogspot.com/
Stop by my blog if ya have the chance; I'd really appreciate it! :)

Anonymous said...

These look really cool and the lasting time is amazing!

DesertNails8 said...

I was trying to figure out that big one, too! Then I realized it must be for the big toe. That blue is beautiful. I might just have to get some of the glitter tips for a pedicure. Thanks for showing!

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits