Tuesday, November 23, 2010

MAC & Nicki Minaj Pink Friday


I don't know if you've heard about this yet, but I wanted to put my 10 cents in, as usual.

"It’s a monster collaboration: Pink 4 Friday by MAC Cosmetics and Nicki Minaj. The Trinidadian hip-hop diva has personally designed a limited edition MAC Lipstick, Pink Friday, to celebrate the release of her highly anticipated debut album of the same name. Putting her trademark Barbz glamour twist on a bright, creamy pink satin formula, Nicki Says, “MAC’s Pink Nouveau was my favorite lipstick for years, but now it’s all about Pink Friday!” Check it out: Nicki’s exclusive shade will only be available for purchase for four Fridays beginning Friday, November 26th, 2010, while supplies last, on maccosmetics.com"

Alright, seriously MAC? How gimmicky can you get? I know that releasing this on only Friday is an obvious ploy to make it more desirable and collectible. Am I the only one that finds this gimmicky and obnoxious? I don't get the Nicki Minaj appeal, and don't even get me started on that photo. I just find her voice to be like hot pokers in my ears and her Barbie wanna be persona can GTFO. No offense if you like her but everyone else seems to be head over heels for her. I feel so alone!

While I'm a *huge* pink lipstick fan this color looks very similar to several shades and I've yet to see swatches for something going on sale this Friday. While I'm not saying I totally *won't* be purchasing this, as it stands now I don't see a need for it. I'm truthfully too lazy to deal with waiting around on Friday for this to release (we all know how on schedule MAC is...).

So how do you feel about this? The color? Nicki herself? The strange release days?
How do you think it will compare to other MAC pinks?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Kristen Alvis said...

It is definitely gimmicky. I like Nicki Minaj's music, but I really don't get her coming out with a lipstick that I've heard is basically one that MAC's already had but "with her twist"... like what? Her name stamped on it? I don't see this being a huge hit, except maybe with HUGE Nicki Minaj fans and/or diehard collectors. You're not totally alone :)

GASP Nail Art said...

I dont really care her at all. I have no clue why people are so hung up on her. The color is nothing but a bright pink lol personally I dont wear lipstick but Lady Gaga and Cindy Lauper lipstick is a better shade to me of course. I dont think that the color will be for everyone but Im sure everyone who likes her will have it on. As far as the release days go I think that is just a ploy for bussiness. Lol its like black friday (which I love). When you make things cheaper, on sale, or when/where you can only get them on a certain day it drives people crazy. MAC is doing just for bussiness because of the fact that she seems to be popular now. Im not a fan of her but I can say that due to her status this MAC pink will do better than any other MAC pink has done, eventhough I think its going to be pretty hard to top Lady Gaga and Cindy Lauper MAC pink.

Katie said...

I'm 100% with you on this. I don't get her appeal.

Molly Dermer said...

Ugh it looks so dupable. I don't even know who Nicki is, and well I've never heard a lick of her music. Unless I stumbled upon this color I probably won't own it since it looks, to me, similar to MAC Viva Glam Lady Gaga.

The Michelle Show said...

Finally someone that I agree with! This is just another celeb collaboration that everyone will line up, pay $20+ on and then wear it 2-3 times before forgetting that it exists.

Try NYX Black Label Lipstick in Summer in the Hamptons. Its the EXACT same pink for under $5. Take that, MAC.

Michelle

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits