Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SH Rapid Red + Cover Girl Shineblast gloss review

I usually hate reds on me but I loved this. Slightly jelly, perfect in 2 coats as most insta-dris, perfect classic red. I know I took other pictures but I can't find them anywhere! I originally picked this up only for konading but I had to try it and it was love at first sight.
As of late I've been getting back into doing my makeup. I was being too lazy the past few months to bother but I'm getting back into the swing of things. If anyone is ever interested in close ups of the makeup or what I'm using- ask and I'll post! Not sure how interested you guys are in my FOTDs :)
Here is a gloss I recently picked up: Cover Girl Shineblast. Name sounds promising right? When I first pulled out the wand the light hit and it reflected in the light, I was pretty excited. Disappointment soon set in.

First off I will mention this gloss is $7.50-$8.50 in stores. Getting me to pay more than $5 for a gloss is amazing. I'm cheap :P but the shimmer was so pretty under the lights in the store...

This isn't a bad gloss really. I picked it up in Dazzle, a baby pink that goes on clear. It smells like watermelon and tastes kinda gross. My biggest problem? I have to dunk the wand in 6-8 times to get what I normally do in 1-2 dunks of any other lipgloss. I know my lips are a little bigger than normal but come on, that is ridiculous. Now I guess some people want their gloss light (although with a name like Shineblast I'd guess they all steer clear) but even with less it just feels like I'm wearing no gloss. It's weird! The picture below is 8 wands of gloss!

Once on the glitter kinda disappears, there are tiny hints when the sun (or flash) hits it but otherwise it looks clear. It otherwise is a normal gloss, nothing special or spectacular. I do like the texture in that I hate sticky glosses (MAC lipglass, I'm looking at you) but again- pretty typical.

And then we have this weird ridged applicator. It is apparently called the Shinesculpt and is supposed to contour and shape. Wait...what? It's lipgloss. Why do I need to contour or shape with a sheer lipgloss? Am I missing something?

All in all, totally disappointed. I could have picked up some Bonne Bell lipgloss and got a better shine AND it would have tasted good. What a misleading name you have, Shineblast.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your eyes in this one, so pretty!

Julissa said...

Your nails are gorgeous! And yaaay makeups! Post makeup looks, too! :)

Anonymous said...

love your FOTDs, keep 'em coming!

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits