Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rediscovering my Deluxe palette FOTD

I remember when I first picked up the Urban Decay Deluxe palette. I must have used it everyday for months. It is a fantastic palette, the one I own that has gotten the most use for sure. But as you collect, even favorites get forgotten. So last week when I couldn't find my hand-mirror (my preference) I decided this palette's mirror would have to do. And upon opening it I decided to also use it for my EOTD.

This EOTD was way bigger a pain in the butt than I expected. Ransom, the purple crease color, is one I've always had a little trouble getting to show up right. The color isn't a bright purple, it's very easy to wash the purple straight out of the color and I kept having that problem. I had to super pack it in there to get it true to pan.

And actually, now that I've gotten back into using this palette I've realized that quite a few shades are a bit of a pain to work with, kinda washed out and a little sheer (like the upcoming FOTD using Graffiti and Peace where you can barely even see the difference between them). Has anyone else ever thought this or am I solely alone and just being a brat?
Looking back though, I realize why I was so in love with this palette. Because it came with a small vial of Primer Potion. The first primer I ever used, and it completely changed things. Maybe my original love of this palette was one clouded by the power of primer.

Oh, and do you like my stubborn eyelashes? This is the clump on my left eye that naturally doesn't want to separate- lash brush be damned!
Products used:
UDPP
UD Sellout (highlight)
UD Ransom (crease)
UD Honey
L'oreal Telescopic liquid liner
Tarte Clean Slate face primer
Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in shade 1
MAC Sweetness blush

Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits