Friday, May 20, 2011

Franken Chaos + SH Crackle Fuchsia Shock review

You may remember a little while back I showed you a little bit of a franken I made- Chaos. I finally made myself a big bottle of this and wore it as a full mani. And then I went to work and saw we had gotten in the SH crackle polishes and I snapped up Fuchsia Shock.
Before I go any further in this review, I want to show you something weird. When I franken I clean out near empty bottles I have around to mix in. I've done this plenty of times, but the last two bottles I used I had this happen with...
...it's like a gluey consistency and won't seem to break down even with pure acetone. It happened to 2 Seche bottles, I've used them before with no issue so I thought this was weird! Any guesses?

Anyways, back on topic...

I quickly applied a coat of Fuchsia Shock over the polish I already had and was kind of disappointed. When I picked this up I have grand visions of it over so many colors- in my opinion pink goes with nearly any color. So when I brushed it on and the pink barely had enough coverage to go over pale blue, I was a little disappointed. I mean, you can see the glitter in my base polish THROUGH the pink. No Bueno!


So on my other hand I decided to try a thicker coat. Now, I want to say that this is not easy. The brush this polish comes with is small (think Essie) and I can only coat half my nail before this stuff starts to dry. Sometimes if you take too long to apply it it gets mad or something and doesn't quite work right- so you have to move fast. The small brush makes this really annoying and I think that OPI has it right (can't comment on others) with the mop like brush that covers (albeit somewhat messy) in one quick coat.

Just to be sure, I did a bunch of swatches on paper. Which, I have photos of but they are kinda on my dead camera at the moment so I will upload them tomorrow and link later. Among them I tried both dark and light colors and decided that this was one polish I would be returning- which I have never done before. Over dark colors it was pretty much useless. You can't tell that it is pink because it takes on the color beneath it. Even over lighter colors (think pink would look awesome over yellow? SO DID I) it takes on the tone of the base (over yellow it appears orange). If you apply it thick enough this isn't so much of a problem- but I had issues getting it to be consistently thick on each finger.

While I haven't tried the other colors, I have discussed the silver one and have seen it used and it also seems to be more on the sheer side (on her nails it went on more like a metallic top coat and had minimal crackles).

As for how it crackles, I can't put my finger on it but I just don't care for the way it does- both thick and thin. I was over all unimpressed. These retail for $6.99 and can be found in most drug stores.

Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits