Friday, May 6, 2011

Essie Turquoise & Caicos + SH Hidden Treasure


Sorry for skipping a few days on you guys! There have been a few things going on in my world that have kept me from updating.

First off, I started working on my mascara project but was having difficulties with my camera and lack of a macro lens. The damn thing just didn't want to focus on my lashes. I think I have found a way around this now though!

Second, I may be finally going back to work. Wish me luck! I've been out of a job for almost 2 years after I got laid off due to company downsizing. I've had no luck until now in finding work (unless I want to go flip Big Macs) until now. I should find out in a couple of days, I'm really anxious!

And you may notice that DDD has gotten a total makeover. There will be more changes to come in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping overall this layout is cleaner and overall easier to view. If you have any issues viewing please let me know! Along with the layout you may have noticed the new banner. What do you think? It took me forever to decide what I wanted to do with it but I think I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Finally, I have lately just wanted to enjoy the color I put on my nails. I have a whole basket of untrieds but I'd love to wear a polish more than a day.

Which brings us to...Essie Turquoise & Caicos. Of course, I only remembered to snap pictures after I slapped a coat of Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure on it. And then my camera decided it just plain didn't like that combo. If it didn't photograph completely green then the flakies flipped it out. I did my best to capture it but not sure how good they are. I wore this for about 5 days with no major chipping (a rare occurrence between Essie and I). I absolutely loved the way this turned out.

The formula was good, despite the puny brush (does anyone else hate Essie brushes?) but still needed 3 coats due to some bald spots. I did manage to gouge my pointer before they were dry, which I didn't fix. As for the color, I need to do a comparison to see how unique it is but like all blue-green shades I love it ;)



Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits