Monday, May 16, 2011

Manly 120 Green FOTD + Bonus Whining!

I'm behind on posting pretty bad, I know. I'm still adjusting my schedule to getting back to work. While I'm glad to finally have the income it is a dramatic difference between my free time, energy and how I divide my time. I'm very thankful to have found work finally, but I admit I feel overwhelmed at the moment. Maybe when I have a paycheck in hand I will feel different but...

Of course, day 5 of working my new job and I end up sick. Great. This is at least the 4th time since FEBRUARY I have been sick. So I spent my 2 days off in bed hoping to be better in time to go back to work. Of course, that doesn't seem to be happening as I'm only now developing a fever. Really looking forward to working sick tomorrow, really can't wait.

I remember why I absolutely hate retail (which has nothing to do with customers actually) and it has only been a week since I started. First off, when I interviewed for this position I expected it to be part time (20-30 hours). Not a big deal, money is money. But when you realize how little those extra hours net you and think about what you could be doing with your family...friends...YOURSELF. Second, I don't get sick days until I'm there at least 6 months. If I call in sick it results in discipline. I find this to be bullshit- I feel like I'm not a person but expected to be a robot-work-machine. And this is helpful to no one- working when sick just gets others sick and slows the healing process.

And my feet- holllly hell my feet. I need good work shoes, but they cost a lot of money. Money I won't have for at least another month. My feet *kill* me so bad I avoid walking once I'm home. I sometimes can't sleep they throb so bad. I've tried the inserts and all that junk- doesn't help. And of course, like so many others, I don't have insurance to go have my feet checked or assist in cost of shoes. I'm allowed to lean, stand on one foot, pull a Captain Morgan- pretty much everything but sit. You're going to tell me that leaning like a slob over the counter looks better than a stool? And I'm not suggesting the need to sit on my ass 24/7 but it's simply not healthy for your back, legs, feet, etc to stand 8, 10, 12 hours a day.


There is a whole bunch I would love to rant about but I'm not going to. I know I sound like a whiner but I don't care. Life is about more than money. All in all the place I am working is VERY good compared to others I have, I like the people I am working with and the customers are great. But I'm sure anyone who has ever worked retail knows what I'm saying...

And on top of alllll of that, my last wisdom tooth has decided now is a good time to come in (it's been halfway for about a year) and has been totally irritating my mouth. If you notice swelling of my face (I know you can see it sometimes) that is why.
Now that I've ranted way more than I expected too...I have no idea what I used in this fotd! I only know I used my Manly 120 palette and MAC Peaches blush.
Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits