Monday, April 4, 2011

Sally Hansen Spring Insta Dri swatches

I get ridiculously excited about pastels. When someone asks my favorite color my answer is typically just pastels (sea green if we must be specific) so when I rounded the corner at Rite Aid to find a near full display of the Sally Hansen spring Insta-Dri polishes it led to some squeeing. I ended up picking up four colors. At the time I thought they were all creams, which made me ridiculously excited but it turns out Chartreuse Chase has some awesome shimmer running through it (I was disappointed it wasn't cream at first). There are 4 other shades in this collection, but I passed on them.

As always with the Insta-dri polishes they are meant to be done in 1 coat, they have that big clunky brush (just a bit too big for my tastes) and are generally a little on the messy side for application.

Chartreuse Chase- As I said above, I thought this was a cream but it turns out it has some really cool shimmer running through it. I'm not sure I would really call this chartreuse though. This one needed 3 coats to be opaque, which I found odd for the Insta-dri line (although it never takes a single coat for me like they advertise).

Jade Jump- Yes, we've seen a million mint creams buttt FAVORITE COLOR so I had to have it. I'll do a comparison soon but I'm excited to konad with this one. 2 coats.

Pink Blink- I couldn't get this to quite photograph right, it's lighter and creamier than it shows up. I have a ton of pinks but I couldn't resist this, it's so *cute* ^_^ However, the application was NOT cute and it took 3 coats because of nasty streaking and it was runny and thick at the same time somehow. DNW.

Blue-Away- Not quite as vibrant as the photo, more of a baby blue. Nothing magical but a good baby blue cream if you need one. 2 coats.

Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits