Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wet N Wild H20 Proof liquid liner review

As I have less than a week left before I leave for Puerto Rico I decided I may want to look for a backup waterproof liner as I intend to spend as much time as possible at the beach. The one I use is from L'oreal and while I'm happy with it, I couldn't find it at Rite Aid! I have heard a lot of good things about Wet N Wild's H20 Proof liners but have never tried them myself. Since I like their other liquid liners I figured I would give it a try.

The first thing I noticed was that the applicator, which I would assume would be the same as their other liners, is not a typical felt tip or tiny brush but seems to be made of plastic. When I first tried it out it worked fine, but when I tried to create a wing I ran into some issues. Because the applicator is plastic the liner doesn't "sink into" it at all which means that it leaves gobs or liner in spots even after I try wiping off excess product. It did not make for easy application, let's just say my wing was not meant to be as big as it came out. I also had trouble making a fine point as the applicator is a little bit bulkier than normal.

To add to that, the color which I tried (Black Brown) went on kinda streaky. Once again I think this isn't helped by the plastic applicator which doesn't evenly distribute the product.

But the worst part in my opinion was that (even after waiting more than a minute) when I moved my eyelid the product did this:

And it was still entirely tacky to the touch. The one thing I cannot stand is slow drying eyeliner. As one of the final steps it can totally ruin all the work you have put into your eye makeup!

As to to the claims of waterproof, here is a swatch I did on the back of my hand. The top is right after it is dried, bottom is after a hard hand scrubbing and wiping dry.

As for removal, I tried with just a makeup wipe and it was a pain in the butt so I would recommend an eye makeup remover that works well for waterproof makeup. It didn't "ball up" as some waterproof products do. I do find that the products that do "ball up" tend to wear worse (Maybelline waterproof eyeliner- I'm looking at you). I won't be testing the wear on this because I was really unhappy with the application so I probably won't be using this again. If I do then I will update later but I don't see it happening.

Wet N Wild H20 Proof is available at most major drug stores for around $3 and is available in 4 shades (black brown, ultra black, smoky and espresso.

Would I recommend it? No


Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits