Saturday, March 12, 2011

Maybelline FIT Me foundation and powder review


I always love trying new foundations and my newest is Maybelline Fit Me.

Here is what Maybelline says:

It's makeup that fits you.

  • No oils, no waxes, no nonsense
  • Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be…fresh, breathing, natural
  • Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through
  • Non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested

From what I understand the line is designed so that if you find your shade/number in foundation you are the same in powder, concealer etc. The line also includes things like blush and bronzer. I received a sample in the mail to find my color and I decided on 135- Creamy Natural. I have recently been using self tanner so my shade is a little darker than normal. One thing I noticed when checking out the color in store is that they do seem to be either very pink or yellow toned. 135 is more pink, which is the reason I chose it. My skin is more neutral than anything but a lot of foundation tends to be too yellow for me, possibly because I am on the pale side. Anyways...

I like the packaging, it's simple and clean (which I can't say without thinking of Kingdom Hearts). I do not really like that the foundation doesn't contain a pump and is a glass bottle though. The powder is in a sleek black case complete with a decent size mirror and powder applicator.

The color does match rather well, but I think that may be assisted by the fact that this foundation is pretty sheer. I know the product boasts about letting your "natural" face shine through but I find it to be too sheer. I have both psoriasis and eczema which tend to cause red patches on my face and I don't find Fit Me to cover it well enough. It does feel nice and light, it blended easily.

I don't normally use tinted pressed powder- I really only use it to blot shiny spots on my t-zone. I didn't find the color to blend in that well to my skin- which may be due to how dry my face is. The color of the powder seemed to be more yellow than the foundation and didn't sit well on my face. I don't think you can see it in photos but the yellowish pigment clings to any dry spots on my face and is NOT a good look.

Feel free to enlarge these photos, I left them large so you can see in detail the coverage.

All in all, I will likely not use the powder because the shade does not suit me. I will probably wear this foundation on days I'm in a hurry and not doing a full face of makeup.

The line sells at most drug store chains, the foundation for around $7 and the powder also around $7.

Would I recommend it? I would recommend the foundation to anyone looking for lighter coverage, I would not recommend the powder at least on the basis of the products are meant to match.

How do you feel about sheer foundations? Would you like to try this product?

Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits