Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4 colors from China Glaze: Vintage Vixen

I know everyone has been swatching these, sorry! When they first announced the Vintage Vixen collection I was extremely excited. But once I checked out swatches my initial excitement died quite a bit. I only ended up picking up 4 colors from this collection (although I may pick up Riveter Rouge despite my hatred of reds). I feel like a lot of these colors I've already seen but the theme is what got me, I love it! Anyways, I ended up absolutely loving the ones I got, here are my swatches:

Swing Baby. A gorgeous taupe metallic. I feel like this leans rose gold a bit. This is highly reflective, my flash bounced beautifully off of this. A very unique metallic polish!


Classic Camel. Caramel yellow-beigey goodness. I can't think of another polish anything like this one. It has some lovely gold flecks mixed in. There are a few bald spots in my swatches but I think that was my impatient application. I had a horrible feeling this would wash me out but I don't think so, thoughts?

Jitterbug. Another unique metallic polish. Charcoal gray, loaded with silver glitter. Nothing much to say on this but once again, love it.

Ingrid. Alright, I totally absolutely freaking LOVE this polish. I didn't want to take it off when I was swatching. Warm comfy brown with loads of light gold shimmer. This is my ideal fall polish and I can't wait to put this back on my fingers!

So, did you pick up anything from Vintage Vixens?

6 comments:

Jennifae said...

Swing Baby looks really nice!

Millie said...

I love Swing Baby and Jitterbug. I think I'll pass on SB though since it looks like a dupe of Orly Rage (which I already have).

Dainty Darling Digits said...

@ Millie- I had Rage and didn't really care for it. I gave that one away but I have a Milani dupe for it and I will compare them next chance I get!

Cali369 said...

I don't have any of these (yet) but Ingrid is gorgeous - I'm really loving the browns lately

rebeca.cd said...

I definetely have to try China Glaze nail polishes

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

I love the first colour. It is a nice shade of gold. Nice and glittery.

http://fashion-rocks-idreamtomodel.blogspot.com/

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits