Friday, December 10, 2010

Silver smoky eye & nude lips using drug store produc

I realized it had been a while since I had worn a simple silver smoky eye. I recently have been trying more drug store products and the only thing in this entire FOTD that isn't drug store is my primer- MAC Painterly Paint Pot.




Products used:
MAC Painterly paint pot
Maybelline Cool Effects pencil in Black Frost *read below for thoughts*
Milani Runway eyes palette in Backstage Basics
L'Oreal waterproof liquid liner
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara
Milani Brow Fix kit in light (my new love)
Almay tlc foundation in ivory 01
L'oreal Bare Naturale in Nude Beige (which in RL was ridiculous orange on me)
NYC Color Wheel mosaic face powder in Pink Cheek Glow
Revlon Nude Attitude lipstick
Milani clear gloss that I can't remember the name of

*I decided to give these another try despite harsh memories of greasy mess all over my lids from the first time I used on back when I was what? 16? I have to say I was happier with this than I thought I would be.

It doesn't have as harsh a tingling cooling effect as I remember and it managed to not crease after a couple of hours wear without a base when I tested it- so I was pretty impressed. I wore it as a base color to amplify my black shadow. When I got home 10 hours later from my errands and looked in the mirror it hadn't creased. It had however bled above the crease (and by bled I mean like when pencil liner does this and creates a weird arch over your crease, I've been trying to think of an easier way to explain this- do you gals know what I mean?) but it was easy to smudge with just light strokes of my fingertip to blend it. I'll fill you in as I test these more but I just wanted to put my thought on them down!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Beauty's Bad Habit said...

Beautiful look! Loving your red hair too, it really suits you :)

Kristen Alvis said...

Loving the wing in this look! Gorgeous!

Camy said...

very pretty makeup!

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits