Thursday, July 14, 2011

OPI Nice Stems collection

Admittedly I wasn't very excited about this collection when I saw the press release. Honestly, I have so many pinks that it is hard to find a new gotta-have-it shade. Nice Stems is made up of three base polishes, all in pretty pinks and a gorgeous top coat. Keep reading to see if these rosy hues are worth a look...






Be A Dahlia Won't You? Is a super shiny glass flecked fuchsia with blue toned shimmer if you look in the right light. I expected to have to do 3 coats with this at least but 2 worked well, although the formula is a bit runny. In the bottle this looked like nothing special but once I got it on I loved it...enough to wear it on my tips and toes at the same time (I can't tell you the last time I've done that).



Next up is Play the Peonies. Very soft, delicate pink. The finish is somewhere between a pearl and a seashell which makes it a little streaky (although I didn't notice it at all in real life) but that is also what makes this color unique from similar shades. This took 3 coats to be mostly opaque.


A quick sloppy swatch of I Lily Love You layered over Play the Peonies. I Lily Love You is the glitter coat from this collection. When I first saw the press release photo I knew I had to have it. Most of the time I end up being disappointed in glitter top coats but oh my god...I ended up being more in love with ILLY then I anticipated. It's a sheer hot pink base loaded with multi-size flakies that flash purple, pink, blue and even golden yellow. I don't think it would work on it's own at all- at least not to my tastes (and my nails are not pretty enough bare  for me to want to try it) but it is such a unique polish I would call it a must have for any glitter lover.


I Lily Love You layered over Come To Poppy.


Come To Poppy is my favorite polish from this collection. It's a coral-pink with pearly shimmer (although I recall poppies being much more red). It is a soft enough shade that I would consider it office safe but at the same time it's bright enough to be a great summer shade. There is just something about this shade that I absolutely love. 2 coats.

Come To Poppy and I Lily Love You, the manicure I ended up wearing after these swatches.

All in all I was really surprised and happy with this collection. I recommend picking up at least Come To Poppy and I Lily Love You.

See anything you like? Anything you hate? 
Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits