Thursday, June 10, 2010

Milani 3D Glitzy Lipgloss swatches

While I sat at my computer and drooled over the new MAC Superglass collection I pondered why there was never a drug store answer for anything I really truly wanted. This time it was super shiny and uber sparkley lipgloss. So when I walked into my CVS and saw the tubes of Milani 3D Glitzy I was over-joyed. I typically like Milani glosses so I was in love with these the instance I picked them up.

To tell the truth I HATE MAC glosses because of that disgusting overly sticky texture. It clings to my lips and highlights every bit of dryness that is on them and just does not wear well for me. I'm glad I found these, I can't afford the $18 price tag of a MAC gloss at this point either. These are probably more similar to their Dazzleglass from what I have seen but I don't have any to compare it to.

The texture is good, not too runny and not too sticky. Just like I like my glosses. I have 5 of the 7 (and I wish I could find a tube of that blue Movie Star but I've checked everywhere) and here are my swatches:

Starshine is my favorite of them, I like my gloss pretty light in color (for reasons stated below) and this goes on nearly clear.

Love the gold glitter in Stylish!
This was the first one I found and it is my 2nd favorite, it is a warm version of Starshine.
I debated whether to get In Vogue and ended up deciding to...not sure I made the right decision. This embodies the reason I dislike colored gloss: bleeding. This just is messy from the moment it goes on and I can't image wearing it out because I would feel like a clown (and that is saying something;)

I will also mention that these pretties were out of stock forever at my CVS's, not sure how hard they are to find elsewhere. They retail for around $6.99 each.

1 comments:

jaljen said...

Who needs MAC anyway..

I must say I find the sparkles rather distracting as if you got specks of dust settling on your mouth. Or maybe your powder dispersed as you patted it on and got embedded in your gloss.

In short - too sparkly.

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits