Saturday, January 14, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo review

I am a sucker. I have to try everything, even if I expect it to be horrible, I just have to try it. This season the drugstore brands are all coming out with supposed long lasting cream eyeshadows. Now, I don't know about you but I have never found a cream eyeshadow from the drugstore that wasn't complete and total crap. They always end up a sloppy mess in my crease 5 minutes after applying, primer or no primer. Even high end cream shadows usually turn out to be horrible. So when Maybelline came out with supposed 24 hour cream eyeshadow you know I was allll over that.

I picked up the color Tenacious Teal, it just looked so awesome on the model. Here is one swipe and two swipes swatched on my wrist...











And a very quick swatch on the eye...



Maybelline Color Tattoo comes in a little glass jar similar to MAC Paint Pots and almost exactly like Benefit's Creaseless Cream (which are totally not creaseless). On first swipe it feels similar to a Paint Pot, silky and not greasy. Color payoff is pretty good although I did need more than one swipe to get the look I desired. I will say it is not as pretty as the advertising makes it, but how often is it?

The first application I only wore a couple of hours, but the next time I wore it was for a nine hour work shift. I was surprised to find that it held up perfectly all day! Not even a hint of creasing and the color was still vivid.


My one complaint is about creams in general, I find them a little difficult to blend with regular eyeshadow which limits the use. I find them much easier to use as an all over lid color but I did wear it blended with MAC Bright Fuchsia pigment. This photo is after about 5 hours of wear...


Based on this color I will most likely be trying a couple others! They have a gorgeous purple and a rich gold I may have to pick up. They sell for $6.99 and can be found at most drugstores including Walgreens & CVS.
Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits