Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frustrations with purple and other things

I feel like I've been a neglecting the blog this week. I've been pretty busy and really stressed out.

I know I've said it before, but purple eyeshadow and me are not friends. I don't know why but I have never found a purple that didn't give me trouble. Either it won't show up on my lid or during blending buffs off and leaves bald patches. I've tried so many and with all different bases with nothing but frustration to show for it. Why purple? I *love* purple! Why must you break my heart

This is a look I did to go out for lunch and shopping with a friend :) The purple would start off so much more vibrant and then end up fading out and leaving bald spots on top of that. So I would add some more to try and build it...not luck. And then I tried adding a darker purple in the crease- WELL I'M SORRY I DID THAT! We've all been there, spoiling a EOTD most of the way through or by adding that last little touch. Nothing is more frustrating! I tried 3 different darker purples and none of them wanted to work. I threw down my brushes and filled in my newly made "patches" and decided it would have to do.

I really haven't been doing my makeup lately, I've been super stressed out. Yesterday our apartment underwent an inspection, no big deal. But when the maintenance man who lives on the property basically threatens to hold random inspections to insure cleanliness (which is not an issue) I take offence. First off, legally he can't do that. Both because he can't enter our apartment without notice (which they have done, as recently as last month) and it very quickly steps into the zone of harassment. But that isn't even what I'm upset about.

Our complex will be changing management and with it, they will be enforcing a 1 pet per apartment rule. I am very upset about this, and plan on fighting. We have both Apollo and two cats; Skrinkle and Princess Pete (who we thought was a boy, thus the name). We've had the cats since our first apartment together, all our pets are literally our babies. And I'm not going to lie, they are my emotional support. The simple thought of them not being here makes me cry like a baby. The way people seem to think pets are disposable disgusts me, they are my family.

Now that I have that off my chest...

Please ignore the hair, it's been in rough shape in between dye.
Products used:
MAC Painterly paint pot (base)
Manly 120 palette (all shadows)
Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara
Maybelline liquid liner
Nars Orgasm blush
MAC Her Fancy lipstick

Sorry, I don't remember other products used on face!

Do you have any purple eyeshadow suggestions or tips?


Photobucket

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits