Friday, July 9, 2010

Manly 120 color eyeshadow palette review

After realizing that my collection of basic colors was a little weak and needed a lot of filling in I went in search of the 88 palette (like the one from Coastal Scents) and while searching for those I stumbled upon this one, which for me seemed like a better deal. If you don't know the 88 palettes come in neutrals, mattes and shimmers so trying to choose was a pain. With this one I get a little of everything. I picked up this palette on eBay for around $20 shipped and it included a pretty decent 6 piece brush set. I will eventually pick up the 88's but for now...and the shipping was pretty fast from (I think) China, it took less than a week from ordering.
The colors in the palette aren't anything overly exciting- there are no strange colors like purple that flashes blue- but if you are looking to build your basic color collection this is fantastic. The color payoff is great especially in the shimmers and the mattes (which I find seem to usually be chalky and difficult to blend) which are nice and silky. The pots are each a dime sized dome but I've had some palettes with similar sized pots for years so I'm not worried about the size.
These come in two seperate palettes, each of 60 colors. They sit one on top of each other and one of them has a ribbon on the side (and there is a little spot in the side it hangs out) to make it easy to lift up. The second palette fits in the lid so while in use they both sit next to each other for easy use. In the reviews I read the fact there are 2 trays was the big downside. I prefer this to ones that fold into each other and the colors get all over each other.
They of course come with basic white and black, a shimmer and matte of each. The silvers are fantastic for smoky eyes. This palette has a LOT of blue, which I don't mind. They are a good variety of pretty shades. It also has a couple harder to find colors like hot neon pink and true red. My big hole in my collection was browns and I like these because they don't have any strange colored shimmer- just good basic browns and golds.
The yellows and oranges in here were instant favorites for me, I've tried MAC and MUFE, even my beloved Fyrinnae and these just have better color payoff and variety. There are a few colors which seem pretty darn close to one another but there are so many colors that I don't mind.

I really recommend picking this palette up, I've been using it every day since I bought it and have yet to be disappointed. I do use these with a base (as with any shadow) and I do recommend that (either MAC's Painterly paint pot or Urban Decay primer potion). For the money you can't really beat it- without the brush roll you can get it for less than $20. The only downside is picking what colors to use! ;)

1 comments:

Trista said...

I got a 120 palette from ebay and I love it. :)

About Me

My Photo
Dainty Darling Digits
Upstate, NY, United States
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Labels

3d nail art (1) apollo (4) Avon (1) bbw (1) beads (1) black (11) blog sale (1) blue (43) blush (1) bm16 (1) bm19 (1) bm20 (1) borghese (1) brown (8) bundle monster (4) Chameleon (2) china glaze (32) claire's (5) claires (3) color club (6) color fever (1) comparisions (2) comparisons (4) confetti (1) contest (1) copper (1) coral (5) coral lipstick (8) cosmetology (1) cover girl (6) CQ (2) crackle (6) disaster (1) dollar tree (1) duochrome (2) dupes (4) essence of beauty (1) Essie (13) Eyeko (3) eyelash curlers (1) eyeliner (5) eyeshadow (20) fake nails (1) favorites (1) fimo (3) fingerpaints (1) foil (1) for audrey (1) FOTD (36) fotd: brown (1) fotd: classic (1) fotd: gold (7) fotd: green (6) fotd: neutral (5) fotd: orange (1) fotd: pink (4) FOTD: Purple (11) fotd: red (1) FOTD: smoky (8) FOTD: Yellow (5) fotd:black (2) FOTD:blue (10) fotd:pink (3) foundation (2) franken (4) french (5) funky fingers (2) Fyrinnae (18) gel polish (1) giveaway (8) glitter (42) gold (14) gray (4) green (30) greige (1) grey (1) hair (4) halloween (9) hard candy (7) haul (5) high voltage (1) holo (4) incoco (2) jelly (3) jesse's girl (3) kiss (1) konad (13) L'Oreal (4) LA colors (1) la girl (1) Lancome (1) lime crime (1) lipgloss (8) lipstain (2) lipstick (24) lockerz (2) lotion (3) m59 (1) m79 (1) MAC (30) makeup (30) manly 120 (17) mascara (2) matte (5) Maybelline (17) metallic (4) Milani (18) mufe (3) N.Y.C. (2) nail art (13) nail fraud (1) nail stickers (1) naked nails (1) naked palette (1) neon (3) neutral (2) neutrogena (1) nicole by opi (7) nivea (1) nude lipstick (5) nutra nail (1) nyc (6) nyx (3) occ (2) OPI (24) opi. blue (1) orange (27) orange lipstick (3) orly (17) peach (4) pearls (1) perfume (1) petites (5) pink (41) pink lipstick (12) plate m56 (1) powder (1) prestige (3) primer (1) Pure Ice (2) purple (25) purple lipstick (4) random (1) recreation (1) red (24) red lipstick (17) reviews (23) revlon (13) rhinestones (1) rimmel (1) Sally Girl (2) Sally Hansen (40) scotch tape (1) sephora (1) sheer (5) shimmer (2) shimmer lipstick (1) shine of the times (1) shiro (2) shoes (1) shopping (1) silver (5) sinful (17) skincare (1) skrinkle (1) soap (1) sparkly nails (1) staining (1) storage (1) sugarpill (1) sula (1) swatches (3) tattoos (1) teal (1) top speed (1) travel (1) urban decay (6) vampy lipstick (2) vampy polish (2) Venomous Villians (2) Wet n wild (15) whats in my bag (1) white (3) yellow (11) zoya (7)

My Blog List

Follow Dainty Darling Digits